He tells me pee pee

My 23 month old tells me pee pee almost every time he has to go but is still wet when I take off his diaper. He also tells me pee pee when he has to go poop and will on the potty. He seems really ready, Even though I told myself I would never push him, I think that its time. When he wakes up in the morning he is really wet so I will try to take all liquids out 2 hours before hand. But what is the best way to keep him totaly dry?

sunshine12az

Asked by sunshine12az at 11:25 AM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You can't really make him stay dry, it just has to happen naturally at night. Try just day training first.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:37 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I agree with the above poster. I would focus on the day training first and once that is down pretty much perfect then worry about the night.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 11:55 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I agree.. withholding liquids before bed isn't a good idea. My daughter's fully trained for daytime and has been since 19 months... we'll just keep her in diapers until she starts waking up dry, no matter how long from now that is. But he definitely sounds ready to train during the day... I think right before 2 is a perfect age, too.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 12:18 PM on Apr. 29, 2009