When potty training at what age do they potty on the adult potty ??

SOUnds silly I know . My DD is 2 and we are training her on a toddler potty but when after she is potty trained do they start pottying on the adult potty????

baby1love

Asked by baby1love at 11:28 AM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My children NEVER used a potty chair, my son maybe used it once. But personally I hated the damn thing, so threw it away and never looked back. We got a "dougnut" ring for them to sit on so they woulnd't fall in
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:32 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Our daycare uses the seat rings that fit on a regular toilet in the 18 - 24 month class. My babies (20 months) have a potty chair, but we also have a seat ring; the seat ring is working better for them.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:33 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Some kids never use a potty chair. They simply start out with an adaptor on the big potty. Kids can switch to a toilet adaptor at any time - to make it easier, you might let her pick one out. And kids can switch to not using an adaptor any time they feel comfortable with the great big hole of the regular toilet.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:02 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• My daughter only used the potty chair for a few days and then we got a potty ring for the big potty (thinking we could use it in public) and we tried it once at home and it made a WORLD of difference. She loved sitting on the big potty. You may as well get one and try it... if she likes it better, it's great because you can just flush rather than having to clean the little potty after each use. And it make the transition to public toilets a non-issue -- you can just carry this around with you in the early days, and eventually she should be ok on the big potty without the ring. (My daughter's fine if I hold her up, and she's not even 2 yet).
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 12:14 PM on Apr. 29, 2009