• In the Spotlight:

Biter Biscuits?

My dd will be 6months on the 4th of may. Can she have those? Different people have told me she can but im just not sure? Did you give your lil one bb? Thanx!

Adams-Momma

Asked by Adams-Momma at 11:29 AM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can try it. With my first we did and he did great my second it took him awhile.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 11:31 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• oh yeah she can have em i gave my daughter those when she was 5 months. it is fine. they get really messy so give it to her in a walker or high chair. have a wet rag on hand. try not to use the zwieback toast because that comes apart in pieces and is easy for the baby to choke but the biter biscuits do not come apart very easy. they are hard and dissolve easily. so just watch her she will be fine.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 11:32 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• yeah I would give her some the gum on them and helps with the teething but the get real soft and make a mess so be prepared.
    Rebeccaroe

Answer by Rebeccaroe at 11:33 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Thanks so much ladies... I know how messy they can get lol my ss loved them but couldnt remember how old he was when we gave them to him!!! Thanks again!
    Adams-Momma

Answer by Adams-Momma at 11:41 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I would put it in the mesh feeder. The guy who invented it his baby almost choked to death on one. I would wait
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:51 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I suppose, as long as your child is accustomed to eating solids. Biter biscuits are only good if you plan on giving a bath IMMEDIATELY after!
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:06 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

Where do I get one of those??
    Adams-Momma

Answer by Adams-Momma at 12:06 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• My doc recommended them, but my daughter was able to break of chokable bites, so be sure to watch carefully. Gerber's are a lot harder to break apart than the others (I do NOT recommend the Earth's Best brand of these). I found one of those mesh feeders at CVS. But if you want to practice finger foods with baby, I would suggest a saltine cracker instead... they dissolve really quickly and aren't as easy to choke on.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 12:11 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• You can get them at target for 3$ they are by munchkin. You can put anything in it and not have tp worry I like mine =)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:30 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Saltine crackers are LOADED with sodium. I wouldn't give those.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:31 PM on Apr. 29, 2009