Does anyone watch Twilight with their teen or tween?

I'm the Big Kid Daily Buzz blogger and I'd love to hear stories about mom and kid Twilight fans for a cool post!

Cafe Kierna

Asked by Cafe Kierna at 11:31 AM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I don't have a tween or teen but I did watch it and have read the first two books. I'm now reading "Eclipse".
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• My thirteen year old son has the books and the movie. He made me watch it over and over and over....I was forced into being a fan.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:33 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I haven't even watched it myself.

I have read all of the books and I know that I would not let my "tween" read them. Especially the third and fourth books. I don't know how they will turn those into movies and still rate them PG/PG 13.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• If you are open and talk to your kid from the start like you should be, no need to keep them from it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:40 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• It's not just about the sex, honey.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I watched it with my 12 year old, but I would not call myself a fan. I thought it was really over-hyped. I realize it was geared towards a tween/teen audience, but I don't think that excuses the lack of character development.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I wasn't just talking about sex ANON 11:40. I mean anything. My son watched horror movies starting at 3. And plenty other things. I don't keep him from information and I keep lines of communication open. We use any expierience as a learning opportunity. So, yeah, if you talk to them and listen from the start like you should. No problems.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:22 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• My dd has read all the books and we bought her the movie and watched it w/ her.. I thought it was a good "teen" movie..
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 3:46 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• i took my 12 yr old girl to see the movie when it first came out, she has read all the books. then when it came out on dvd my mom got it for her thats all she does is watch that movie. she says the books are better, but she loves to watch edward. lol
    okc-mom-2

Answer by okc-mom-2 at 8:39 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• well im a single teen mom and those books gave me hope i didnt have friends and i sat a home and was depressed then i picked up the book now i have read all of them twice and wacthed the movie i love them
    morganmommie

Answer by morganmommie at 1:42 PM on Apr. 30, 2009