how do i get my 2 yrs old son to stop cryin and to eat at daycare?

i just put my son in daycare for the first time since he was born. The first two day he was good.He ate, naped and didn't cry. The next week he cryd all day until i got him and didn't eat a thang. i don't know what is wrong or what i can do to help him though this. My daycare asked what he eats so he will eat there but what she is feedin him, he eats at home. I try askin him why he doesn't want to go to daycare but all he says is he wants me. So if anyone has any answers i would love to hear.

dawnz

Asked by dawnz at 11:48 AM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• His world revolves around you and now your not there its like your braking up with for an amount of time during the day of course he will be sad but he will get used to it
    hush84

Answer by hush84 at 11:51 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• He has told you what he wants - you. It's separation anxiety.

How often does he go to daycare? If possible I would try to go get him used to once a week and then move it up as time progressed. If he wants you I would also try to give him as much attention as I could to reassure him.

Sorry that you and him are going through this :(
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 11:53 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Ok, paitience!!! Tell him he's not being punished or that he's done anything wrong! You love him and nothing could change that!!! Also let him know you need to work(even if you don't, solely to ensure its not to get away from him) to keep getting him the things he wants and needs!!! Inform him that he needs to be around kids his own age, and if he wants to go to school dc is almost like it!!!! HUGS!!! Let him adjust, he'll be ok(I SWEAR!!!).
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 11:55 AM on Apr. 29, 2009