Period after having baby...(maybe TMI)

My DD was born in Oct and I'm still breastfeeding. I ended up getting my AF on Monday and it's pretty heavy. I was just wondering if it's normal to have a heavy period the first time after having a baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Health

• Yes. My Midwife told me I would have a very heavy period and it would most likely be a little more painful than usual, but after that it would be better. You're fine, especially because it's been a while since you had your daughter. Just take some pain killer if it hurts, drink plenty of fluids to keep your milk supply up and remember to change your pad every hour. That's all I can tell you, hope it helps!
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 11:56 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• After I came back from maternity leave, I had to train this 24 year old guy. We were standing at the comuter and I had to run to the bathroom I swear every 15 minutes because my period was so heavy. Talk about embarassing. It is normal. You will be okay soon.
    pattigioeli

Answer by pattigioeli at 2:31 PM on Apr. 29, 2009