Melaluca Question

How do you make money with melaluca if you have to buy the products every month yourself?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Money & Work

• You make money...or at least hope you make money by asking everyone you know & don't know to do exactly the same. When those you "recruit" into buying Melaleuca products make their purchases each month you get a small percentage of what they spent. So, after you figure in what YOU spend on the products you'd have to get quite a few people also buying them each month in order to make any money! If you join Melaleuca that means whomever "interviewed" you & signed you up with get a small percentage of the total amount of your order.

Personally I've been hounded like crazy by people I knew who tried Melaleuca because they kept spending their requirements & not finding enough people to actualy make anything, they spent more than they made every single month & the products were piling up faster than they were being used.

It's why I like Ambit, I don't sell anything, I help other SAVE money! www.WNY.AMBITENERGY.BIZ
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:56 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• More people, like me, are making their own cleaning products. I think that the days of "big money" from Melaluca are long gone.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:05 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• very true....the other day out of curiousity I looked at some of the products they have and their prices. They wanted $17.50 for sunblock. I bought a huge bottle at rite aid for $7 last week. They had mineral foundation for $25, I get the same thing for about $5! I make my own cleaners with water, vinegar, baking soda and such. I spent about $12 on those months ago and still have 3/4's of those supplies left....they make all the cleaners I need for floors, counters, sinks, toilets, tub, windows....my next step is making my own laundry detergent. But these days I can't afford to spend so much money on one bottle of cleaner. Before I started making my own I would get cleaners from the Dollar store, I could never justify paying more for it!

I considered getting into a "natural" direct selling company, but instead what I do is give the recipes away to our carpet cleaning clients and give free bottles as a thank you
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:22 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Hi, I work with Melaleuca. You can listen to all the negative and uneducated things that people say because they don't have any idea what we are about. Whoever your mentor is, should be helping you. If they aren't then you need to contact someone else on your team. You can give me a call if you like. I'm not one that asked my family and friends. I got my enrollments from my internet advertising and my local advertising. Just be consistent, that really is the key. Set your business hours and really try sticking to them. Make sure you are doing your advertising whether it's local or internet. When you go out like shopping or dinner, talk to people. It's difficult I know, I am a very shy person. But slowly I've come out of my shell. I was a customer for a year before I decided to build a business, so I definitely believe in the products and I love what they've done for my family. Feel free to contact me, I'll do my best to help!
    tneeley

Answer by tneeley at 1:30 AM on May. 2, 2009

• I went with Shaklee because you do not have a minimum amount to order each month.....You just order when you want to, and you don't have to be a member either. If you choose to join (one time $19.95.........) you get a discount and are a member for life...even if you do not order often. Melaluca has a certain amount to order or you lose your membership. With Shaklee, the cleaners etc. are concentrated..so they last so long, there is no way you would order monthly unless you get their vitamins. I order the cleaners only a few times a year. Also if you go to peta.org (ethical treatment for animals) and search Melaluca and Shaklee, you'll find that that Melaluca has tested on animals.. Shaklee has a clean record. Shaklee also has a 100% satisfaction or your money back guarantee and has won awards from the Environ. Protection Agency etc. If you want to try something out, check out my site www.shaklee.net/safeshopper for info.
    energygirl

Answer by energygirl at 3:06 PM on Nov. 30, 2009