When is the best time to take the opk and are they really that hard to read?

I cant afford $200 to spend on the opk that tells you 6 days befor your going to ovulate so Im stuck with the $40 ones or even cheaper but Im wondering if there really that hard to read? Also why does every one say that the afternoon is the best time to take the opk cause isnt your urine diluted by then? I drink alot of fluids during the day and mostly water so would first morning urine still work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• You should take them when the box says and you get lines and the darker they get the more days you have until ovulation so you could take 2 to 3 in a week to get an estimate. You can take your temp and once it goes up and stays up your ovulating. YOu can chart your basil body temp to see each month along with doing the opk. It usually only gives you 2 days at a time some 3 but the darker the line the closer you are to ovulation and most of the time its to be taken in the morning like any other urine test.
    Anonymous

• OP........ Thank you for that info. When do I start charting my bbt? Im on cd4 and when Im ovulating how much will my temp. go up and how long will it stay up?
    Anonymous

• I used a $20 OPK from Target and got pregnant the first cycle I used it! It was easy to read, for me anyway.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 2:53 PM on Apr. 29, 2009