Why did I ever find this attractive? Is your hubby cocky too?

After 9 years when he acts smug I want to smack him! It is clearly learned behavior because his brother does it too. He does things to get a rise out of me. I am so good at ignoring it! It eats at me but he has no idea. I am not sure if it's making it worse though. One example-he was looking for his keys. Comes to me saying he pulled apart the couch and didn't find them. Yes cushions and blankets everywhere. Not to mentions crumbs from under them. I swept out the couch and put everything back then swept the floor, no complaining. He does stuff like that for attention and to make me bitch. Oh some day I will too. But for now I am trying to see if he stops because he gets no reaction. The day after he acts like that for attention, he will be kissing my butt. Maybe he will see that smart comments and that B.S. doesn't get him as far as a foot rub.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• Take that "couch granola" you swept up and serve it to him with milk for breakfast, Lego People torsos and all. "Oh, is that trash? Well, since you didn't see fit to clean the shit up when you found it, I figured it was some rare delicacy!"
    Tool.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 12:52 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Ditto mine loves it he admiting he loves to piss me off .Let me tell you one of these days he is going to flip the bitch switch
    hush84

Answer by hush84 at 12:09 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I would leave the mess for him. He made the mess he can clean it up. Your not his mother and he is an adult and that behavior is not expectable at this age period. Ignoring it hasn't worked yet so play the game he plays and give him a taste of his own medicine. It worked like a charm in my house.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 12:10 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• no, my hb respects me and we are honest about our feelings with each other. okay so it took ten years to get the honest feelings part...
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 12:12 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Nope, he's not. In fact, he apologizes if he leaves a mess and he doesn't expect me to pick up after him. Well except for that Pepsi bottle from last night. ;) It was a joke and he threw it on the floor and I laughed at him and told him he'd be picking it up. He laughed and refused, but it's still on the floor and will be until he comes home and picks up and throws it in the trash.

I won't budge. :)
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 12:19 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Sounds like neither one of you is communicating. Try saying to him, "Honey, do you need attention or something? I know you are trying to get my attention, but this is the wrong kind of attention, it's negative and it's not healthy." Have you just tried asking him what's wrong. It's almost like he's a child acting out for attention, no matter if it's negative or positive. Just try catching him when he's in a good mood and he's not distracted (watching the game) and just sit down next to him and say, "I feel like there is something you're feeling and you don't know how to tell me without trying to be distracting, I love you and we're partners and we're not talking to eachother." Once you stop talking to eachother, the lines of communication start to fade and then you don't know what's going on in your relationship.
    dawn_misayo

Answer by dawn_misayo at 12:21 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• lmao off I thought this was my sister-in-law. Our hubands are brothers and both very full of themselves, oh and there dad is also! It must be in there gene pool!
    Anonymous

• I married a "cocky" guy.. and I wish I would have got to know his brother a little better before marrying my dh ( military living complete different places)... anyway, He looks up to his brother. His brother is the most self-absorbed, pompous ass that I have ever met! He is also a "woman hater" although ( for some reason) Women like him and he puts on a good act but eventually treats them like crap. I can't stand the freaking dude.. He comes in my house and doesn't even speak to me, even after cooking big meals for them.. I want to kick both of them in the balls..
    Anonymous