Im 16 weeks and its my first baby when will i fel the baby kick and what does it feel like?

missashoo

Asked by missashoo at 12:13 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Probably pretty soon, and it feels like basically gas bubbles at first...little flutters.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 12:14 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• It feels like butterflies in your tummy...at first you may get a good thump, or get something light....but as the days go on it will get worse.
    Unbroken_Amanda

Answer by Unbroken_Amanda at 12:15 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• i felt mine at 16 weeks, but i knew what i was looking for...i had read ALL about how it felt, so that way i knew it was the baby! I havent felt much since, but after the first day the baby was moving like crazy for abotu a week!
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 12:16 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• You may feel little flutters now that you think are gas. For the first real kick it will be about 20 plus weeks and it feels like a big gas bubble but you can actually kind of see it at that point. It is a weird feeling but a cool one at once. It feels like a light kick and they get stronger and harder the bigger the baby gets.
    Anonymous

• My first feeling of Connor felt like a butterfly swimming across my belly. When I felt him kick I thought it was cute. I walked around with my hands on my belly and wanted to feel the next kick or roll. Now it was cute till he got bigger and started to stretch. I thought he was going to break my ribs. Those lil hands and feet can do some damage. But he's still the most wonderful thing on 2 feet to me. Love him with all I have.

Enjoy those first real moments of just you and baby. You will treasure those from now on. I miss that and can't wait to go through it all over again.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 1:42 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• i think in less then a month, you'll know when it kicks youcan feel the little foot inside of you.
    sherlockhlm

Answer by sherlockhlm at 3:24 PM on Apr. 29, 2009