Are you changing your plans this week because of the swine flu?

My husband insisted this morning that I postpone my trip to the grocery store because of the swine flu outbreak. I think that until the government tells us that we should stay home that is fine to do daily errands, even if I do take my toddler son with me. I plan to use antibacterial wipes at the grocery store and use Purex on our hands when we meet up with people. My question is, what are you doing differently with the recent news of the outbreak, if any?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• The swine flu is in my area, however we really aren't in need of changing our activities for it, the store once this week won't harm anything and may harm us more if we don't have the needed things to cook food, lol. We won't be going to the park this weekend, that is the only thing I took out, reason being is it's a large park, with lots of people, and sadly it's the city that has reported case of swine flu.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 3:18 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• We haven't been too worried, until this morning I saw a news report that a school is shut down oh, about 10 mins from where I live. So, yea, now we're just lying low since it's sooooo close to home. Otherwise, if it hadn't hit my state yet, I wouldn't have been as concerned. We'll just be as cautious as we have been.
    Anonymous

• No. Are you kidding me? And it's freaking Derby weekend, lots of out of towners. Wooo. Hell no i'm not staying in like a hermit or a paranoid hypochondriac.
    Anonymous

• I am not changing any plans..it would be different if I had heard of it in my little town, but no changes...life must go on!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:21 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Not doing anything different!
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 12:23 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Nope! We are doing the same things. We went to the store yesterday, the kids went outside to play. Life is the same for us.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 12:26 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• It hasn't hit my state yet, and since I didn't plan on a quick trip to Mexico, no, I don't think I'll be altering my plans.
    Anonymous

• Well, we are staying close to home.
    Anonymous

• My child had Influenza B over the winter. Not covered by flu shot and very similar symptoms. 5 days of fever over 102. Flus are not fun. But I am not going to panic and wear a mask (haven't even been proven to be effective, by the way). I make my children wash their hands routinely anyway, but our life isn't going to change. I think the alarm and concern is hyped up by the media.
    myame

Answer by myame at 12:29 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• We haven't changed anything. But it hasn't hit our state (yet) and I hope it doesn't.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 12:46 PM on Apr. 29, 2009