If they had a vaccine for swine flu, would you get the vaccination for your child?

What if they offered them to you for you child along with the first vaccines and you chose not to vax, would you feel bad for you decision now that there's an outbreak?

Has this outbreak made you think about vaxing for other diseases if you chose not to in the first place?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• They do have a vaccine and no, me or my child isn't getting it.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 12:24 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• do you have a link? Because everything I've read says that there isn't a vaccination.
    Anonymous

• ditto anon. i read it's going to take 3 mos to make one
    Anonymous

• I just read online today that when there was an outbreak in 1974 or 1976 and they came up with a vaccine really quick, more people died from the vaccine than from the flu. So no way baby.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 12:57 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• If the doc recommened it, I would. My dd got the flu shot, too b/c of her age. I also don't think it'd be a big deal if she got the flu either.
    Anonymous

• My children are adults, and I was a vaccinating mom, so you probably don't want to hear from me. However I was pregnant with my first child in 1976, and I got the swine flu shot while I was pregnant. The doctor said it was safe. We had no problems. I would let my children make up their own minds, but my daughter is a bartender/manager, so I would probably advise her that it's a good idea, seeing she is in close contact with so many of the general public. My son is in the army, so if they start mass vaccinations, he will be among the first to get it, no choice on his part.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 1:50 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• No way!
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 2:17 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I never get the regular flu vaccine so no I wouldn't get this.
    Anonymous

• I read about the vaccine they had for the last outbreak in 1976 and it caused people to become paralized...I do not think I would have them vacinate me or my family...
    Ad3n_M0mmy01

Answer by Ad3n_M0mmy01 at 5:54 PM on Apr. 29, 2009