Are there any successful work at home Moms earning an income?

I am interested in being a work at home Mom but I'm not sure what kind of work I can earn an income doing from home. I am due in Dec. and I already know that I will dread the thought of having to leave my baby to go to work everyday.
Thanks!

CherylHill

Asked by CherylHill at 12:29 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Money & Work

• were do you live?/
    marybe

Answer by marybe at 12:31 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• MI
    CherylHill

Answer by CherylHill at 12:37 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I work at home being a Marketing Consultant with Ambit Energy, helping those in my area save money on their existing electric bill....rather than sell a product. We also own a carpet cleaning business. I create and maintain the website, order our cleaning products, keep the equipment clean and ready to go, handle phone calls, book jobs, go door to door with flyers or postcards, post online advertising and handle local advertising, the book keeping, pretty much everything, sometimes I even go on larger jobs with my fiance to do the prep work. We average $100 an hour with that and about $2,000 a month with Ambit!

www.WNY.AmbitEnergy.biz
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:51 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I was right where you are. My daughter was born Aug. 2004 and I was in the trade show industry, handling all of Volvo's auto shows. Loved my job but I too couldn't imagine leaving her. So I quit! I researched home businesses and found Gold Canyon.
    If you have always wanted a company that supports and helps you grow your business then I suggest you look into Gold Canyon.

Gold Canyon offers a complete line of candles, body and home products including home fragrance in the form of scented candles, Room Sprays and Sachets, eco-friendly, natural, green cleaning products, home décor with various candle holders; personal care with hand scrub, hand silk, body lather, body lotion, body polish, body crème, bath soak, body mist and candle care products such as wick dippers and trimmers.
    I can mail you out some information along with a tealight sample.

Blessings,
    Marianne531

Answer by Marianne531 at 1:10 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I'm taking registrations for several companies looking for telecommuters and ‘home workers'. You can work p/t or f/t for all the places I have listed. I'm also registered with all of the companies and know they are legitimate. Please look at the Top 5 free ways to earn at home at http://www.freewebs.com/free2workathome/

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 1:16 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• We started our business 7 years ago when our daughter was born. I have been happily working from home selling Premier Designs jewelry.
    Best wishes!
    ~Shay
    "If you can wear jewelry, YOU can sell jewelry!"
    jewelrylady98

Answer by jewelrylady98 at 1:16 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I have several thoughts. Is your current job one that can be done remotely from home? Do you have a skill that you can do on a freelance or consulting business? If you are a Microsoft Office whiz and have MS office pro on your home computer, you can certainly set yourself up as a Virtual Assistant.
    I work out of my home and have two braches of business. I do freelance bookkeeping and business organization, and I do career coaching and job search support. I hope to be a certified life coach by the end of the year.
    Feel free to contact me directly with any questions.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:04 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Hey there,

Check out the blog http://workingathomecommunity.blogspot.com/ for some good ideas and reviews on different things.  Hope this helps you out.

Thanks,

Chris

Howtoaholic

Answer by Howtoaholic at 8:40 PM on Apr. 29, 2009