Teenage sons girlfriend spending the night.

I have a 15 yr. old son with a 16 yr. old girlfriend. They have been together for almost a year. There have been occasions where we are having a cook-out, pool party, bon fires and the evening ends late. Her own mother has mentioned that she could just 'stay' instead of one of us having to get her home. I've considered this and my Husband thinks it would be ok. They both are good students and respectable. I know that 'things' could happen, even if she never spent the night. But I am not sure on this one. This summer she is going on vacation with my son and his father for a week. Her parents have approved. I didn't have any say in it because it is his fathers decision... but I am nervous about that too. Advise?

RoxieAnn

Asked by RoxieAnn at 12:32 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• You don't have to let them sleep together right
    Make sure you talk to your son too
    remind him that he does not want to
    be a dad at 15, because if they want to,
    they will do it, no matter what you do
    to prevent it.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 12:39 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I wouldn't trust it!!! You give a dog rope long enough to wrap around the tree not hang themself! The dad should have included you in on descion!!! I don't care what age you are if their are 2 teenagers in the house with raging hormones and you're not watching(listening in sleep for ANY movement) them every so often yeah you can miss alot! I'm not doubting chasity but this is a recipe for disaster. Mama you have permission to worry!!! I WOULD! They are too young to sleep over!!! SOLELY AN OP!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 12:45 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Locks on both doors and all of the windows.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:08 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I would not bend on bounderies. I would not let that temptation in because I allowed a sleep over. Good luck!
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 1:25 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I guess I'm old fashioned. I say no way to spending the night.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 1:25 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I would say yes, the bottom line is that if they are going to do it. they will "anywhere". Keep open lines of communication with your son , scare him with STD's. My mom let my boyfriend spend the night all the time and we did great. I would rather know where they are.
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 3:15 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Hell No! My daughter would not be going on Vacation with her boyfriend, and my Son would not be allowed to take his girlfriend. 15, 16, 17 is too young for that kind of crap. And I'd be damned if my husband allowed one to go with them. The older ones might not be my bio kids, but they are my  kids, we still both need to agree on what they can and can not do. Casue guess what, if one of them gets hurt, pregnant or worse, I am the one to take care of them.

http://www.ramblingsofasahm.com/

Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 5:18 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Two thoughts, 1- if they are determined to have sex they will do it anywhere anytime they can weather she spends the night or not. 2- my dad used to let my (now DH) boyfriend spend the night on the couch with me in my bedroom, dads room was between us, we still did it because my dad was a heavy sleeper. So I don't know, my son is 16 and his GF is 17, and I trust them more at her house because her parents watch them like a hawk, this girl even has cameras at her doors and in the house, they know what happens ALL THE TIME, I on the other hand let them hang in his room but make them keep his door cracked about 4 inches and periodically check on them and his bedroom is on the main floor of the house, but I think if they were going to try something it would be more likely to be here than at her house.

Bottom line is teens are going to do it if they really want to but spending the night could be more temptation.

goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 7:12 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Be ready to become a grandmother if you do. I would say no way in HELL.
    Anonymous

• OMG!! Are you seriuos are you ready to be a grandma no matter how 'good' and 'respectable' they are they are not ready to be parents. I remember my parents letting my boyfriend sleep over and guess what i got pregnant as a teenager!!!
    Anonymous