How do I get people to stop smoking at my kids baseball feild?

My two boys 7 and 9 play baseball. at their games parents are constantly smoking all over the place, even right next to the duggout!! I've talked to the ball feild president and he said he would take care of it and still nothing!! This is not fair to us nonsmokers or more importantly my kids!! Please help!

jmeweb918

Asked by jmeweb918 at 12:41 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Health

• Well its not your personal ball feild so you really can't stop them. All you can do is tell them you don't like them smoking next to your child or children. If they are in the stands you could ask them to move as the smell bothers you or you can sit else where. You really can't stop them from smoking if they are adults as there is no law.
    Anonymous

• I am a nonsmoker and agree that you should not smoke near your children (in house or in car) but outdoors is kinda different. yes i wouldn't want to breathe it in either but i would just move away. if there is a no smoking sign then they should follow it but if not then they are allowed to smoke there really isn't much they can do about it.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 12:43 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• This is going to be a hard one since they are outdoors. I'm sure you could do something about them smoking near the duggout since that is kind of an enclosed area, but everywhere else...I don't know how much you can do about that. I would check with someone in your town governement to see if they can put up no smoking signs around the duggout.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:44 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I would kindly ask if they could at least move away from the dug out. They are outside though so...not a whole lot you can do. And as a smoker, I wouldn't mind not smoking near the kids (I don't smoke near mine) but I'd be a little irratated if I was told no smoking...since they are outside at a field. Good luck.
    vicki136

Answer by vicki136 at 12:44 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• oh so pretty soon smokers arent going to be allowed to smoke outside anywhere at all?
    Anonymous

• Are the ball fields at a school? If they are legally they cannot smoke there call ahead and ask the police to come by and inform people of the law. We did that at my sons football games since so many parents were disreguarding the health of those who choose to be healthy and not smoke. Some got mad but they did not smoke again.
    Anonymous

• Anon- In the state I'm in (WA) you cannot smoke within 25 feet of a window or door. ANd no smoking indoors (even in bars) unless you are at an indian casino. You can't even smoke outsid eyou office building anymore. It's just f***ing peachy!
    vicki136

Answer by vicki136 at 12:55 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

If all smokers were polite and would smoke downwind of people who choose to keep their lungs healthy they would not have to worry about it. So many are rude and don't care about anyone but their cancer stick people feel they have to take steps to protect their own health and the health of their children. A smokers rights end when they harm and impose it on someone else.
    Anonymous

Once again if all smokers were responsible and thought of others there would be no laws. My mom has asthma and has been hospitalized because of rude smokers in front of buildings. My mom has the right to live that is an inalienable right the right to smoke is not.

Anonymous

• Beautiful answer Anon 11:56. I personal could give a shit about smoker's rights. You shouldn't be smoking period. It's not like we aren't allowing you to do something healthy in certain areas. I don't want smoke around me or my child, so the less places you can smoke the better. Keep your disgusting habit to yourself. I only reason I feel sorry for you is because you are so blinded by the smoke that you can't think of anything/anyone else but yourself.
    Anonymous