I find it rather convenient..

that this swine flu "outbreak", that the media is trying it's best to turn into a frenzy, when realisticly the numbers of people with this is extreamly low, is coming right before the big health care reform vote this summer. I seriously do not think this is a coincidince. I am not saying there is a big conspiracy that the government infected people with some type of disease. But there are new flu's and viruses being found all the time. It would not be hard for the government to make anything seem like a health scare. Look at the numbers of the people that are auctually sick. Seriously. Look how low they are and look at how the CDC and new is responding almost an attempt to create a mass panic. How funny that health care reform is the #1 concern of the summer eh? I'm not a conspiracy theory person by any stretch of the imagination, but this is just very convenient.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I somewhat agree with you. However I do NOT think the government has infected people. It originated in Mexico. But I do think it is funny how the media is making everyone freak out about it when simple precautions as with any of the flu strains that have gone around in previous years, will keep you from getting it from the 60 some know cases in the US. Hopefully ppl won't fall for it. Just wash your hands and go on with your life. The odds of getting it are pretty slim..unless you know someone that has it.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:48 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Yesterday was the first time I'd heard the outbreak refered to as Obama's Katrina. Truth is often times stranger then fiction.
    Anonymous

• My question is why are there no confirmed cases in Muslim countries? Is it because they may not have the tests or what?
    Anonymous

• Oh no, I don't think the government is infecting people. I do however think they are taking this flu strain, which in reality is not showing any sign of being any different that the regular, seasonal flu, and creating a mass panic right before a big vote on health care reform, on purpose.
    Anonymous

Probably because they aren't going to participate in our controlled chaos. If people are just sick with the flu and getting better, why waste time and money testing for something that is just the flu? Why test to see what strain it is when it dosen't matter?
    Anonymous

• Slow news day.....
    my4lads

Answer by my4lads at 12:56 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I guess you could say the bird flu sure helped Bush as well...
    Anonymous

• I never thought of that. I'm not saying the government infected anyone either. But it does make you think.
    wilesmomma

Answer by wilesmomma at 1:01 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I'm right there with you OP!
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry my4lads. you must have complete faith in your government. LMAO.
    Anonymous