Guests at a toddler birthday party..help!

I am having my son's bday party at chuck e cheese. You have to pay 11.99 per child that attends. I am inviting one of my neighbors because my son plays with her son, but she also has two older children. Is it rude not to pay for those older children to participate in the party?? (my son is turning 3, her son is two and her older girls are 5 and 11)

Nluvwitasailor

Asked by Nluvwitasailor at 12:45 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• No just let her know that if she brings the older ones she is responsible for paying for them. Put it in the invite for her and her son to come and join the fun and say any other child you will be required to pay for. Make it known on all the invites for those people who may bring older kids or ones your not directly inviting. Say in the invite you are paying for 1 child per family or something.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 12:48 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• When you've got kids that young it's generally going to be an all or nothing kind of thing. If the kids are going to be there because they are too young to stay home without mom it would be very hurtful for them to not be included in the party. You could talk with the mom and offer to pay the full price for the younger one who you are wanting to attend and then half for each of the older kids. Otherwise, if you really want the little boy to attend and not have to worry about the older sisters you could always offer to take him to the party with you so mom can stay at home with the girls and you wouldn't have to worry about paying for everyone.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 12:54 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• You are so brave for going to Chuck Cheese. I could never stand being in there for more than three minutes. We did mostly home parties and one swim party at the community center pool

Answer by rkoloms at 1:12 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I think you should just pay for all the kids. If she doesn't bring it up, she probably would be offended if you did.
    pattigioeli

Answer by pattigioeli at 1:52 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Im not brave, really, im just VERY pregnant! I am due with my second child on the 24th of May so Chuck E cheese was pretty much my best bet so I didnt have to do the cleaning cooking arranging etc. I normally love doing all of that stuff but im just too dang pregnant. That is also why money is tight....I do childcare and am taking 6 weeks off to have the baby. There are 9 kids total at his party and I REALLY didnt want to have to pay for other kids that my son doesnt even know/play with. I had mentioned it to her that I cannot afford to pay for her other children as well and she seemed fine with it but I wanted other mommy opinions so I knew what the "proper" way to go about this is. Thanks!
    Nluvwitasailor

Answer by Nluvwitasailor at 12:21 PM on May. 1, 2009