Hubby getting kinda fat.........

My hubby has put on 50 lbs and I find myself not even being turned on enough to orgasm. I tried to help him diet and he wants too loose weight but he still sits there and eats a whole bag of chips and when we go out to eat he will eat himself miserable. I told him he should walk w me and he was like "ha, fat guys don't like to walk" I feel bad to say this but sex is uncomfortable...I am almost a 100lbs smaller than him. I feel smashed and I wanna rub his stomach but all there is is flub. I am am very much in love w him and it hurts that I feel this way. I feel like crap

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• My husband has always been overweight but I married him because he is the best thing that ever happened to me. After 13 years of somewhat awkward sex he is finally coming out of denial about his weight because his brother had a heart attack. My dh is a chef so he picks all day. I only buy lowfat healthy snacks at home and got him to switch to diet soda and skim milk. He lost 10 lbs. in the last 2 months. also i have been more honest about squishy sex.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 12:56 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• it is probably deeper than eating a whole bag of chips. you should make him see a good therapist to help him through what ever problems he is really having.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 12:59 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Aww that's too bad! Similar situation with my husband, when we got married he weighed about 180 and got up to about 230. Recently (in the past 3 months or so) he has changed his lifestyle to lose weight. He's not on a diet. He used the Wii fit and lifts weights out back. He eats small meals frequently throughout the day. He eats a lot of fish. He does sometimes gorge himself at restaurants, but he feels bad about it! He used to eat sooo much dude, like about 3 times as me every time we ate.

He's lost 40 lbs, his goal is to lose 10 more and start building muscle. I'm really really proud of him, he looks really good and he's more confident in his looks too. I'm sure your husband could do it too, he has to want to do it though.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 1:01 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• You need to tell him this is important to you and you need to confess that you aren't attracted to him this heavy. I know, harsh it does sound, but it's the truth.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 1:16 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I agree....maybe he's eating to keep you away. There's a deeper issue here. Get to a therapist.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 1:25 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Don't buy chips and snack food. Prepare healthy meals so if he does have a lot he is not getting too many calories. Tell him if he will go for a walk you two can take a shower together and play in the bedroom afterwards. This is how my husband lost his belly. He had no clue once he saw he was going down in weight he loved it and now is training for a marathon and looks so hot.
    Anonymous

• It might be a good idea for him to get a physical- to make sure all is well with his health, and a doctor can talk to him about loosing weight. I don't know if he is depressed or not- that can cause a person to seek comfort foods (like a whole bag of chips) and cause weight gain. Counseling might be a good idea. Also- I would stop buying junk foods -find healthy alternatives. Does your husband like excercising? Maybe a gift membership to a health club/gym would be a good idea.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:47 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• You have a real, honest-to-god, meat eating, beer drinking manly man. If he's bringing home a paycheck, loving you and the kids, what's the problem. We could talk about health and all that crap but we all know the real issue is superficial. The attitude you have is helping to keep him this way. Knowing that the way you are is not enough for the one you gave your heart to is indescribably painful. Many people turn to food for comfort. Even if he's "laughing it off", I promise you, he's hurt. I suggest you work on yourself instead of him. Love is precious. Remember that.
    Anonymous

• tell him youre concerned about his health
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 2:01 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Let him know how you feel and get on top. Sex is better that way with bigger people.
    Anonymous