10 month old and Nightmares

what can I do about them. She has been waking up recently screaming crying and I dont know what to do for her!! Can anything help?

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 12:52 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What makes you think they are nightmares? Is she done with the bottle at night? does it last long? are you able to comfort her?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:06 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Yes she is dont with her bottle at night. No it lasts maybe 30 seconds and she is still asleep when she cries, sometimes it wakes her up and she cries longer, and if she does wake up it is hard to comfort her!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 1:17 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Oh Poor little angel.. I am sorry. I don't have any advice for you since my son hasn't gone through that. he just woke up all the time but was awake like he hated to sleep - but I found out he just didn't know how to self sooth due to his severe colic. Good luck mommy... try googling Night terrors - I think that's what they are called. I thought it happened later if it did happen but this is what it sounds like.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:25 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Mine wakes up and fusses too. Its just normal, i think, that when they dont see anyone, they cry or if they think they are alone. Do you have ants or bugs that may be biting her? Teething? Teething will do that.
    Anonymous

• First off is she teething? If not is there any loud noises that maybe scaring her, tv on etc. Maybe some soft music where she sleeps. Mine was having nightmares when he was on some medicine and we didn't find out until his sister 2 years older was put on the same thing and she told us spiders,ect were getting her.
    Anonymous

• No there isnt any bugs around to bite her and I dont think she is teething. She has already gotten two teeth and its nothing like when she was getting those. There are no loud noises when we go to bed, her crib is right up to mine and she can crawl between hers and mine freely, and she is not aloud to watch t.v. she also isnt on any meds!

SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 3:24 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I'd suggest talking to your pediatrician.
    KareemsMami

Answer by KareemsMami at 3:49 PM on Apr. 29, 2009