Home Day Care

Does anyone doe home day care. Im looking at doing it myself and was wondering if I could ask some questions. Please let me know. Thank you.

Nikky0803PAG

Asked by Nikky0803PAG at 12:59 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Money & Work

• I do not like group daycare.I had my daughter in a group daycare and it was a montessori and the teacher aide hit her.I put my daughter and son in another well known daycare and when I went to pick him up he was sitting in his highchair with no interaction no nothing.I personally love in homedaycare.I changed to in home with this daycare provider she was the best in the world.I personally am starting a in home daycare myself and I am hiring someelse to help me we will do the same as group because I went to school for it.So I have just as much experience as a group daycare.
    monica-alvarez

Answer by monica-alvarez at 5:55 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I dont do home daycare myself... but I wish that I did! I would love it if you would let me know what you find out! Good Luck!
    Krissi041208

Answer by Krissi041208 at 1:06 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I am very wary of in-home daycares. National statistics have shown that a child is 16 times more likely to be injured/harmed in an at-home daycare situation. I am not saying this to inflame providers, but in a 'school' setting, there are checks, and other people watching. I think as long as you do your research and choose a good school, group daycare is the best option.
    Jodie118

Answer by Jodie118 at 2:55 PM on Apr. 29, 2009