why don't meat and pregnancy mix?

I've noticed this to be a common theme between myself and fellow pregnant friends to start disliking meat, especially with morning sickness.

MythicMMM

Asked by MythicMMM at 1:26 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I love meat, but I try to avoid pork or beef as much as I can during pregnancy, 'cause I get very gassy. I guess is just that you won't be liking meat during this pregnancy.
    jcampos

Answer by jcampos at 1:28 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• When I was pregnant with my first one of the only things that appealed to me was rump roast mmmmm
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 1:37 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I used to LOVEEEEEEEEEEE beef..My favorite was double cheeseburgers with mac sauce from mcdonalds..once that morning sickness hit, the thought of beef at all maked me sick. Since the morning sickness is gone, i STILL can't even think about beef..I haven't tried eating it and I won't try because I just know i'll throw up. The thought of fastfood makes me sick too, So if I go the ONLY thing I can eat is salad or REAL chicken sandwhiches. I refuse to eat any chicken off anyones dollar menu because since I became pregnant, it tastes like microwaved cardboard lol.
    Alot of people tell me the things you don't like when your pregnant, your child won't like. I don't know how true that is.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 1:44 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• It's different for different women (and different pregnancies). With my first, I only wanted Kung Pao chicken and even the smell of beef cooking made my stomach turn. My second was a different story though. He's built on Portillo's. I could have eaten Portillo's cheeseburgers two and three times a day, and had to have steak all the time with him. Normally I don't even like red meat, but with him I HAD to have it, and once I did, I felt like a million bucks. :)
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:51 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Hmm I must be the opposite exception confirming the rule because I crave meat and fresh fruits constantly. I mean to that level that meal without meat is not a meal for me.
    I felt the same way with DD a T-bone at least one a week is a must but any kind of meat is Yummy!
    polkamama

Answer by polkamama at 1:53 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• It smelled like DEATH to me so I didnt like it for a while
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 2:10 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• They dislike of meat was certainly true of my first pregnancy. The last one though..no way. All I craved was rare..I mean moooing steaks. The weird things is I normally HATE rare meat..I can't even stand it on my plate. Heck, I can't even look at it on someones elses plate. But with that boy I craved it like there was no tomorrow.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:12 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I don't have that problem except with eggs during the first trimester. I'm back to eating eggs now, though, in the 2nd trimester.

Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 2:21 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• it's the babies fault, lol, well, it kind of is, it has nothing to do with being prenangt, my son doesn't like meat like his father does, but he still likes to eat it in his own little way.
    sherlockhlm

Answer by sherlockhlm at 3:06 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• This is my fourth and I can't stand red meat even now in my third trimester I can't eat meat. With my last one I couldn't eat any chicken. With all 4 I've gone through a stage where I can't handle eggs, oil or beans (being that I'm married to a Hispanic man that was always hard b/c he and the others always want bean).
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 3:52 PM on Apr. 29, 2009