What do you think of this guy Joseph, a native missionary?

Some of you think that it is wrong to try and convert people or go door to door.
But I was just curious what you think of this man.

I will add the link to the video below:

http://www.gfa.org/joseph?cm_mmc_o=7d-CjC8w_lbfwCjCZBFw%20VzTw%20dkzlt%204BpAkwCjC3Blw5t

Cinnamon-mom

Asked by Cinnamon-mom at 1:31 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Short Video about Joseph

: )

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:32 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• We (I) in America have no excuse to not share the gospel. So people will say no or call us names, but we will see other Christians in church on Sunday, we will not be stoned, we will not have to walk in desert heat to reach people, we won't go hungry.. nope we (I) have no excuse to not talk to the prostitute on the street, the homeless guy on the corner, the runaway teenager, the sick in the hospital, the cashier who is having a bad day (and when I say talk... I mean just letting them no they're loved and finding a way to meet their need and giving them hope that only comes through Jesus Christ).
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 1:45 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Yeah... I can't watch videos..... but if anyone wants to fill me in.......
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 1:46 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• This is from the website where the video is posted - www.gfa.org (can read about it if unable to view vid)

Joseph was called by God to a desolate, unreached area of Maharashtra, India. Year after year his self-sacrificing labor took its toll on his body. He endured beatings, stonings, insults and hunger for the sake of the Gospel. Despite the incredible hardship, he refused to give up. And today, Joseph has planted 25 thriving churches and 28 mission stations.

Joseph is just one of more than 16,500 Gospel for Asia missionaries, each with his own story.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 1:59 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Wow, what an amazing man and a blessed journey.
    I am amazed and humbled by what he's doing.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 2:01 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I don't see how his story is different from any other missionary. If you don't believe in evangelism, you don't believe in evangelism.
    Jodie118

Answer by Jodie118 at 2:16 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• You should read about Rolland and Heidi Baker's ministry to Mozombique. They went through a lot as well and now have thousands of churches all over the area of Mozombique.
    People are supernaturally fed, healed and transformed!
    http://www.irismin.org/p/home.php

Heidi is a laid down lover of Jesus Christ... a pure hearted woman who loves loves loves the poor! Rolland is the grandson of H. Baker who wrote Behind the Veil about chineseorphaned children seeing heaven and lives being transformed .
    I recommend the book, There is Enough.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:02 PM on Apr. 29, 2009