How long did you breastfeed for?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• still at it at 18 months.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 1:57 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• 8 months with my first, 10 months with my second. I really couldn't take the biting at that point!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 1:58 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• ds1 - 11 months
    ds 2- 12 months
    ds 3- 15 months--we are working on weening right now.

Breastfeeding is one of the best things I have done for my boys. I might have quite earlier if I had not been informed about the benefits of BF.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:58 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• 20 mos so far with my son. 13 with my daughter.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:02 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• 4 days. I tried. I wanted to so badly. But my son wouldn't nurse once my milk came in. He would got 10 to 12 hours without nursing and then would throw up (not spit up, like there was no way there was even a drop left in his poor little belly) and scream in pain for hours after. As much as I wanted to, I didn't have it in my heart to see my baby in so much pain. I introduced him to formula and he took that for 4 or 5 days before doing the same thing. He was on soy formula every day after that and when he turned one and I gave him whole milk, it was the same thing all over again. Screaming in pain, diarrhea, vomitting. He's three now and can't have any diary. As horrible as it sounds, it makes me feel better that it wasn't my fault for not breastfeeding.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 2:04 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• 5 1/2 weeks. I would have loved to have done it for longer but we took a trip to PA and he refused to nurse while gone. I also returned to work shortly there after.
    vicki136

Answer by vicki136 at 2:06 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• My first daughter self-weaned at 11 months (I was pregnant). I have a 7 month-old now that I plan to nurse for at least 12 months, but maybe continue the bedtime/morning feedings longer (I'll be working during the day, though, and am not going to put myself through intensive pumping again, not at 12 months!)
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:12 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• So far we are at 9 months... want to go to a year... but my supply is dropping with these new teeth it hurts too much to nurse! Right now we are at 3 times/day feeding we'll see how my supply keeps up.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:15 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• 1st was 5 months, 2nd was 7 months, so far 10 months with twins; weening is going to be tough
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 2:17 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Still going strong at 13 months. Well, mostly only at nap and bed time.
    lvaughn26

Answer by lvaughn26 at 2:43 PM on Apr. 29, 2009