vaccinating.

how did your baby act after they got their baby shots each time? how many days is it normal for baby to act grumpy from it? how did u make your baby feel better? is it normal to run a low grade fever the next day?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:06 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my dd was sick for almost a week after her shots, she had a fever, slept all the time, cried, she was miserable.
    Anonymous

• The fever is normal the next 24 to 72 hours. It took my daughter about 3 days to get back to her normal self. Her first time at 2 months she slept all day and night and then for her 4 and 6 months she slept like she normally did. I gave her tylenol the first 24 hours and then did a leg massage over the area of the shot.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:08 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• They say a fever or fussiness anywhere in the next 72 hours (3 days) is normal. My first daughter was not much of a sleeper, but always took a great, long nap after shots. After her 12 month shots she ran a low fever and acted a little fluish. Hopefully your doc told you your baby's dose of tylenol, because that's what you should give. (No motrin unless he's over 6 months).
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:09 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• My daughter was grumpy for a week the first time and cried for the first two days off and on. Every time after that, I gave her tylenol a half hour before her shots and every 4 hours after that for the first day and she was MUCH better. It's absolutely normal for them to run a low grade fever the next day. Just keep up on the tylenol.
    Anonymous

• After the 2-month shots, my son slept and was grumpy. 4-month shots he cried quite a bit but we gave him Tylenol right after and he was fine. 6-month shots he was tired and a little grumpy but by the next day he was back to normal. We gave him Tylenol every four hours until he went to bed.
    Anonymous

• We gave Tylenol every 6 hours for the first 24 hours. They slept most of the next day. That's about it for my three.

It is normal for them to have a low grade fever, but they don't always.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 2:13 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• how much tylonal do i give a 4month old?? there are two lines on the lil dropper
    Anonymous

• watch out for high fevers, and strange/ abnormal irratation at the site of injection
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 2:16 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• To add with everyone else, please ask these same questions to the Pedi.
    Anonymous

• I give her a dose of tylenol about an hour before her shots and then continue for the rest of the day...she gets a very mild fever and a little irritable for a couple of days...everyone is different though, it just depends how sensitive your little one is to whatever vaxes are given..good luck =)

calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 2:34 PM on Apr. 29, 2009