Moving my outside dogs back into an apartment..!!!

Okay so my dogs have lived only outside since August.. I was pregnant and my water broke early, so I was on bedrest for months and then ended up losing my son a few minutes after he was born, but through that time, we had moved in with my mom since I wasn't working at all.. and we thought I'd be on bedrest for the remaining 7 seven months.. And they live only outside, my parents don't like dogs in the house.. But we're getting an apartment in less than a month, and they'll be back inside constantly. How do you re-house train? For the most part, they didn't ever go to the bathroom in the house before but neither of them have lived outside like this either! and I'm worried they will have forgotten everything! hah.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Pets

• Just train them like you did before. Only show them where to go and what door you will use and go from there. Dogs usually don't forget and unless the previous tenant had pets and they didn't clean the carpets you should be fine. Its usually only puppies you have to worry about as older dogs know you go outside and will go to whatever door you take them to.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:13 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• OH my gosh...I am so very sorry about your little boy...How tragic for you =( I would think they would adjust fine being that theyre grown....Just make sure they get walked and give them lots of hugs....again I am sooo very sorry for your loss...(((hugs)))
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:54 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• sorry to hear about that, you shouldn't need to re-train your dogs, i move all the time and my dog has lived inside and out several times, i've never had to re-train him.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 9:40 PM on May. 6, 2009