Recipies for kids

my two step kids want to help me in the kichen but I dont really know of any good recipies that they can do they are 8 and 9 years old

kandist

Asked by kandist at 2:22 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Rice Crispie Treats, boil eggs under your supervision, make a cake or brownies...
    Haidens_Mama

Answer by Haidens_Mama at 2:23 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• they can do anything you can do!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 2:24 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Oh, and puppy chow. That's a really fun one!
    Haidens_Mama

Answer by Haidens_Mama at 2:24 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• They can follow a cookie or cake recipe, you can have them help mix up ingredients for you. What kinds of food do they like? My nephew helps me and he puts the noodles in the pan and stirs and measure out things and adds whatever I need him to add. He knows he's not allowed to touch the knives but everything else is fine as long as were there with him. He is 6 and will cook anything you give him.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:24 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Take them to the library and look for kids' cookbooks. My favorite is Pretend Soup. There is also a great kids cooking website at www.spatulatta.com.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:30 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• banana dogs
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 2:35 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Quesadillas. Then everyone can make them the way they want. Same with mini pizzas. My kids love it when we do shish kabobs. We have all different veges and steak, chicken, shrimp..

bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 2:39 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• ants on a log. celery with peanut butter and raisins
    Mommy2Mariah

Answer by Mommy2Mariah at 3:36 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• The can do anything you do, with supervision. Look on www.familyfun.com www.rachaelray.com (Look under Yum-O or kids) kraft foods has lots of recipes too. Try foodnetwork.com

There are many cookbooks out there to. Paula Deen has a kids cookbook, so does Betty Crocker, Rachael Ray and Emeril Lagasse. Look in the cooking section at a bookstore.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:26 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• My daughter (she'll be 9 a week from today) loves to make pancakes. It took her a while to get flipping down, but she's very proud of being able to do it. She also makes scrambled eggs, cake, brownies, anything that goes in the microwave or directly on a cookie sheet in the oven, toaster items, deviled eggs (she puts all the yellows in a ziploc with the other ingredients, smooshes it all together and cuts off the corner to squeeze into whites), milkshakes and smoothies... She loves cooking! The only part she doesn't like is cleaning up! (where would kids these days be without a dishwasher?)
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 11:14 PM on Apr. 29, 2009