Did anyone see the news about what Univ. of Penn and CHOP found to be the cause of autisam?

They said it is found a certain gene mutation? for this look it up on nbc10. So it is npossibly not due to vaccines but I would still try to stretch them out, or find out more?

2mothershelpers

Asked by 2mothershelpers at 2:24 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Health

• Personaly thanks to them I selectivaly and delay vaccinate. I never allow more then one shot per visit and the shot can not be a cocktail of shots it has to be a one dose of one shot.
    It takes longer to get all of them but so what? My mind is at ease.

And if God forbid something would happen to one of my kids I would at leat know it was after this ONE shot with only one med in it and not potentialy something that was in a shot that had like three other meds in it too.

In a way, and I'm not trying to start a debate. I think that the lack of ppl. vax is causing a ton of illnesses that had been long ago done away with to come back. Wooping cough, TB, to name a few. I'm not saying I'm 100% accuarate about this. It's just y belief on the matter based on what I have been around and seen for my self.

Happ-eToBme

Answer by Happ-eToBme at 3:20 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• It never was due to vaccines, there are plenty of parents who don't vax at all and have children with autism. That just came from uneducated people. They have found links that it is in first born children mainly and women in the 30 's.

Anonymous

• About damn time. I have a child with autism and I'm sick of people saying it was because I vaxed
    fallnangel3

Answer by fallnangel3 at 2:37 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Autism is not, and never was, the reason we chose not to vaccinate. I would continue to do lots of research on both sides and come to the best decision for you and your family. Many families find that delayed and selective vaccination works well for them and is a decision they feel very comfortable with.

Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 2:40 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I have a friend who's son was completely vaw in Argentina. Then she moved here to the States (aka UNITED STATES) and her pedi forced her to vax her 3yr old all over again. She kicked and screamed, she cried, she told him no. But he thretoned to call CPS/DYFS. She was ignorant to the county's laws so she felt (as she was told by this doc.) that if she didn't do as he said as far as re-vaxing her son, that he would be taken from her for child neglect.

She gave in and her son is now autistic. He's 8 and they struggle every single day.

On another note she then had another child who is now 4 and he too is autistic.

So, is it relate to vax, I really don't know. As I see it, if it were the gov would never tell me, they wouldn't want millions of law suits. But can it happen due to a gene deformity sure. She and her hub had the test done and they don't have it. As the parents would show signs of the trait.
    Happ-eToBme

Answer by Happ-eToBme at 3:14 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I never thought vaccines were the cause of Autism in the first place. I have a son who hass PDD-NOS (which is an Autism Spectrum Disorder) but my oldest DOESN"T have anything on the spectrum, so you tell me what's up. I think it has to do with a combination of traits that have to come together in the right order to create the problem. If it were vaccines, wouldn't more children have it then what already do?
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 4:06 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I think that people blaming vaccines for their childs autism were just looking for someone to place the blame on....im not saying that anyone deserves blame for a child being autistic. As with everything else in life, things happen, there is a reason for every thing.

There is nothing wrong with vaxing your child when it is recommended to do so, and there is nothing wrong with choosing to spread them out. The problem, in my opinion, lies with people NOT vaxing and leaving their child and other children open to diseases that are starting to come back, as another mother has already stated.

Even IF vaxing does cause autism, I think the benefit far outweighs the risk. Would you rather your child be alive and with you, with autism or whatever they may get, or to lose that child to a disease that could have been prevented.....
    MizzNicole

Answer by MizzNicole at 4:10 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Europe proved this a few years back.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 5:46 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I never thought Autism was caused by vaccines. As purpleducky said, Europe proved this years ago. I know people who have children with Autism and they are all vaccinated and were even after being diagnosised.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:37 PM on Apr. 29, 2009