How worried should I be about this Swine Flu thing?

I have read as much as I can about it however I want some other mommies opinions about this, I live in Southern Cali, and I have a 8 month old should I not take him with me to the grocery store? I have errands to run and noone to watch him so what do I do, how can I protect him from this? What is everyone else doing to help protect not only your kids but yourself as well from this?

hautemama83

Asked by hautemama83 at 2:28 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

Level 2 (-14 Credits)
  • For everyone who is worried about the swine flu. You need to treat it like every other contagious illness. If everyone would take the proper precautions... then it would be a ton less likely to spread.

There are everyday actions people can take to stay healthy.

* Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
    * Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hands cleaners are also effective.
    * Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread that way.

Try to avoid close contact with sick people.

* Influenza is thought to spread mainly person-to-person through coughing or sneezing of infected people.
    * If you get sick, CDC recommends that you stay home from work or school and limit contact with others to keep from infecting them.

Now mommas stop panicking :)
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 2:34 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Call the Pedi.
    Anonymous

• Turn off the fear-mongers on TV
    Wash your hands.
    Drink lots of water
    Eat healthy foods (this means fruits, vegetables, whole grains and beans)
    Cut back on, or eliminate, meat, dairy and sugar; these can depress your immune system.
    Now go back to living your normal life.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:54 PM on Apr. 29, 2009