Do you have a unique recipe for cooking/baking pork chops?

I get tired of the same old thing and am looking for something new and different.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Food & Drink

• try boiling down rhubarb and vinegar, onions and oj, water, raisens and drizzeling it on, leaves are poisenous so do not eat them just the stalks.
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 2:33 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• get some caribbean jerk in the BBQ isle and put your pork chops in a zip lock back with the jerk stuff and let it sit in that for like 30min or so then grill it!! mmmmm so yummy!

woobie102

Answer by woobie102 at 2:32 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I marinate mine in Italian dressing, worcestershire sauce, garlic and a steak seasoning mix. Then I bake them in the marinade. I use the boneless pork chops by the way,

bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 2:33 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• This may sound gross, but it is my MIL's best recipe. It is quite tasty!

Sprinkle chops in brown sugar, then stone ground mustard-spread on top of chops. Cover in tomato sauce and sprinkle with celery seed. Cover and bake until chops are done 45 or so minutes.

YummYumm! Serve with rice and veggies.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:39 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I always make boneless pork chops in the oven at 425 degrees. I take equal parts of honey and any kind of dijon, or course mustard and mix it together with salt, papper, and oregano. Put pork in a small foil casserole or oven safe dish pour mix over top and cover with foil and bake about 20-30 minutes until done. You can serve this with rice, pasta, or even potatoes, and any veggie youlike we always have bread, rolls, or biscuits with too.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 3:00 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I brown them in my electric fry pan on both sides then add a can of Campbells Golden Mushroom soup cover and simmer untill cooked through. My mom always made then this way and it's the only way my kids will eat them
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 10:25 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Depends on the type. For those boneless, center cut loin chops I season them with salt, pepper and rosemary and sear them over a high heat 'til brown on both sides. Put the pork on a plate and cover with foil. Then deglaze the pan with red wine, mix in some balsamic vinegar, a tablespoon of dijon mustard and a sprinkle of rosemary.

For the "variety bone-in chops" that are always on sale super cheap, I like to sprinkle them with salt, pepper and sage, then flour each piece and pan sautee in crisco 'til golden brown on each side, then smother in a pan gravy made from the drippings. That's a special occasion fat filled bit of lusciousness, though. :)
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 12:38 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• pound them flat and bread them like a schnitzel, brine them in beer,salt and sugar then grill. they are very versitile!! I realyy don't know what the "same old" thing is for you. we rarely eat the samething twice in a year here!!LOL
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:47 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Pork chop chile 6-8 pork dchops,1-27oz.can ortega whole green chiles,1-15oz.can whole tomatoes,1/2 chopped onion,2to 3 leaves cilantro chopped,1/2 cup water,salt and garlic powder and paprka..Cut up pork chops into chunks.sprinkle with garlic powder,then fry in a bit of oil until brown.Meanwhile cut while green chiles lengthwiseinto strips,Mash whole tomatoes,peel uellow chiles and mashtill creamy.add to browned pork chops.add onion cilantro paprike,and water.Salt to taste.bring to boil,reduace heat and simmer until meat is tender and serve.
    monica-alvarez

Answer by monica-alvarez at 11:48 AM on Apr. 30, 2009