SHOULD I HAVE MY BABY GIRL NATURALLY OR C-SECTION?

WELL, WHEN I SAW MY DOCTOR HE TOLD ME WITH MY FIRST PREGNANCY I HAVE A SCAR ON MY UTERUS(THIS WAS ON MY FIRST PREGNANCY). SO NOW I'M HAVIN MY SECOND AND ITS A HEALTHY GIRL AND MY DOCTOR SAYS THAT ITS A LOW RISK FOR ME TO HAVE HER NATURALLY BUT ITS UP TO ME TO HAVE HER NATURALLY OR C SECTION. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:21 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Naturally! Why even consider putting your body through more pain and recovery if you don't have to?
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:22 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Well naturally mean no meds. Vaginally is what I think u mean and yes.
    lynn63042

Answer by lynn63042 at 7:24 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I agree naturally don't make it harder on yourself recovery wise if you don't have to.
    brttny2177

Answer by brttny2177 at 7:33 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• It's your choice, I wouldn't let other's opinions make your mind up. As you know by having one child, being a parent is a competition to some people. You're not a wimp if you chose not to have the child vaginally, and you're not a "hero" if you do. The healing time is not much different. This is a decision only you can make. I would listen to your heart, your doctor, and (slightly) your significant other. Those are the ones who know you and your situation best. Hope it helps!
    NomadSara

Answer by NomadSara at 8:12 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I had 3 c sections. I had to think about why I had the first one and that determined that I was not up for a VBAC. My first wasn't getting thru the canal, so I felt like a c section for my other two would prevent another emergency c section. You need to think about what's best for the baby and you, not just you with recovery time. Evaluate why you had a section to begin with. :) Good luck and God bless!
    KGImama

Answer by KGImama at 8:34 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• The vaginal birth is a much better choice, for many reasons. Unless your child needs medical intervention it is never a good idea to have a c-section. It is horrible for the baby, what the hospital staff does for women, especially young women who go into it not knowing what they want.... If i was you i would find a good midwife and have a homebirth
    babyloverami

Answer by babyloverami at 9:03 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• i hear naturally i much better. i had my baby girl 4 months ago c section and all i can say is i wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy. it was very painful.recovery takes weeks very irritating and painful. it was very hard for me to take care of my baby the first week or two.
    alismomma123

Answer by alismomma123 at 10:08 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I would go with Vaginally I did it both ways...My first No epidural and vaginally..Great Fast healing (recommend) The second I had an emergency C-section..The healing was harder and longer, now i have a scar too. But my first child was young and it hurt for her to hug or get near me ..she didn't remember mommy had a boo boo, and it mad nursing harder as well..
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 10:35 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I would never personally opt for an elective c-section.

Docs might suggest it b/c they are out to make money, but in your case, it doesn't sound like it is necessary.

Let your body do what it was made to do:)
    MommytoNakoa

Answer by MommytoNakoa at 11:12 PM on Jun. 22, 2008