What is good to eat while you are pregnant???

So I am ten weeks and Five days today and I just had my first ultrasound So before I got pregnant I weighed 125 and now I weigh 145 I feel like I eat all the time and that i'm always hungry. I try and not eat after 7 at night but i'm snacking threw out the day. Is that normal??? and I mostly have craving for salty sour stuff...but is there anything I could eat to make it so I dont gain that much weight that fast??? I dont look fat or anything more like healthy any suggestions???

jordanc5234

Asked by jordanc5234 at 2:32 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• try pickles they can be kinda sour so that will help with that and its a point free food at weight watchers so it may help...also try green olives i eat them by the truck load lol! they are also good for your skin! im also pregnant but im about 7 or 8 weeks! so i feel ya! GOOD LUCK

woobie102

Answer by woobie102 at 2:39 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Have fruits and veggies cut up and ready to go in your fridge. That way, when you get a craving to snack, you won't have to take the time to cut it- Just grab and go. Try switching to baked chips, and baked foods instead of fried.
    Anonymous

• Go to the food pyramid and eat only things from it, not processed stuff. And, if you eat right, it doesn't matter what time you eat it. I don't remember the web site with nutrition guidelines, but as long as you eat the stuff from the pyramid, you should be fine. Eat dairy, lean protein, fruits and veggies and whole grains.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:41 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• You don't need all the salt that comes with pickles and olives. You can eat some, but, not tons.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:44 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• you can eat whatever you want, it's all good, my son loves his fruit and hot fries, and cereals, he goes through fazes, but other then that nothing to bad. i started just getting my desire for more food. i know no pregnancy is 100% the same, but ias much as you eat, you should walk and exercise a lot. my doctor tells me not to gain more then two pounds and i gained 4 pounds on my last visit, so i've been weighing myself, and walking about as much as i eat. so just walk some more, it's good to eat little meals, but to balance out your weight walk, exercise, move a lot.
    sherlockhlm

Answer by sherlockhlm at 2:46 PM on Apr. 29, 2009