What's the best cat litter?

We have 2 cats and their urine STINKS! We change the littler box fully 2-3 times a week and scoop often. IDK if it's their urine mixing, or if one (or both) of them just have strong urine or if it's our litter. We've tried alot! The blue crystals, feline pine, febreeze litter, tidy cat multiple cats, baking soda ......we just don't know what to do. We've talked of moving the litter box to the garage but it wouldn't be fair to our 19y/o cat who recently went blind. What's a good litter??? Any suggestions??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Pets

• We use the arm and hammer. I feel it does well. But I think cats are just stinky in general.
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 2:35 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• try getting cats to go outside only! remove litter box.

or I would use baking soda and try to just change it more with a lil broom for the pieces they kick out i remember those days had 2 orange cats. Maybe some lavander oil and tee tree oil 10 drops mixed with water sprayed around the box might help disinfect and keep it smelling nice. room freshners!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 2:38 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• put baking soda in bottem of the litter box and litter on top I like the kind with the blue crystals!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 2:39 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• we have three cats and i use this stuff called fresh results it is from pro pet and it is all natural i get it at walmart for like 6 bucks. Our boy cat's poop really really stinks and not just becasue i am pregnant either it really stinks bad but this has helped out a lot sometimes i also put baking soda with it to help neutralize the odor but it does work well
    full_house

Answer by full_house at 3:25 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Like yo we've tryed almost evey brand there is, until we bought Arm & Hammer Multi-cat, extr-strength. It cost a ltlle more but it's SOOOOO worth the extra cost. I used to hate coming into my room cuz the order was so bad, but not any more...Try it. We have 4 cats by the way
    GmaPam7257

Answer by GmaPam7257 at 6:07 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I use the Tidy Cats Crystals and it works great with 2 cats...Ive never had to move the box....maybe your kitty has really strong and potent pee?? I don't know. but that's what we do. I never really smell it and I clean the poop out every day or so and the pee just absorbs...I could never stand that clumping litter and all the dust.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:52 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• OP Here...
    I forgot to say. One problem we've noticed with our cats is that they don't bury their pee or poop. They just do their business and get out. I think this is really part of the problem.
    Anonymous

• i use tidy cats for multiple cats, also try to have more than one litter box your suppose to have 2 litter boxes for every cat.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 9:51 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I use tidy cat for multiple cats too. I also sprinkle arm and hammer pet fresh in and mix it around. Scoop daily. I also burn my own wax tart melts in clean fragrances. My tarts are so much stronger than the popular ones on the market. You could also use febreeze around box. Or get a hooded box that really helps.
    CasualCandles

Answer by CasualCandles at 10:16 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Get Swheat scoop. It's amazing. There is absolutely no odor. AND it's flushable.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 10:27 PM on May. 5, 2009