my 19 month old has sleep issues!

my daughter sabrina is 19 months old and is still getting up during the night. any tips on how i can help her sleep good all night?

sabrinasmommy07

Asked by sabrinasmommy07 at 2:32 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Why is she getting up? Are you still feeding her at night or is she just up to be up? If that is the case let her be unless she gets to the inconsolable cry then you get her and comfort her and put her back to bed. LEt her cry it out for a little bit as most kids will put themselves back to sleep.
    Anonymous

• Need a little more info. Do you know why she's waking? How long has she been doing this for? What's her schedule? Have you ever let her CIO or used some other sleep method?
    I followed Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child when my twins were 6 mos and still not sleeping great. It worked like a charm for us. It may work for you. PM me if you want to know more about it.

In the mean time, if you're giving her milk when she wakes: stop. You could try giving her a sippy cup of water when she goes to bed so that if she wakes she can get her own drink.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 2:47 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I have the same problem my daugther is 15 months and she wakes every night at least once. She goes to bed about 8pm.  I have to sit next to crib to till she falls asleep. IT's generally between1am -4am when she wakes up i don't give anything to drink. i generally try and rock her back but she takes so long to settle(one -two hours) that i end up letting her sleep in bed with me( where she genreally goes back to sleep) just so i could get some rest , so i could be functional the next day.

I would be interested to hear more of the Healthy Sleep Habits...i need a good nigth slepp not had one now since she was born 

fabtam

Answer by fabtam at 9:07 PM on Apr. 29, 2009