water birth after c-section

i had a c-section with my first and i am hoping to be able to have a vbac but i want a water birth so have any of you had a water birth after c-section and did everything go ok? and would you do it again? thanks for your help!

woobie102

Asked by woobie102 at 2:33 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• A c-section with my first, and this one is going to be a scheduled c-section. I am not going through 23 hours a useless labor again. But to each their own.
    Anonymous

• If you go on Youtube and type in VBAC, you can watch stories that include waterbirth VBACs. I've never had a c-section otherwise so I can't be of help, and I have yet to attend a waterbirth VBAC. =( Check out the videos, though, they're inspiring! You can also visit the ican-online.org website for VBAC stories that include waterbirth.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 3:09 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• thanks littlemrsmarcel! ill check them out! :)
    woobie102

Answer by woobie102 at 3:11 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• good luck. are you going to do your water birth at home or at a birthing center?

i'm going for a VBAC as well at UCLA with a Nurse-Midwife and Doula. I'm 35.5 weeks pregnant and wonder when my body will go into labor on it's own this time.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 9:20 PM on Apr. 29, 2009