What do you think is the best way to advertise your business or affiliate websites??

I have done so much advertising online that I feel like it is wasting my time. I also feel that there are so many people posting "scams" or lying about how much they make and so forth. Honestly ladies, what and where did you advertise that brought in more referrals?

SweetKYmom

Asked by SweetKYmom at 2:37 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Money & Work

• what is your biz?
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 2:47 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Right now I do affiliate stuff with points 2 shop and people string
    SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 2:49 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Have you tried Twitter?
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 2:51 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I have looked at twitter but to be honest, it looked more confusing then anything else I tried. How would I get people to be a follower and such?
    SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 2:55 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• You can advertise here just in the right area!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 3:03 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I would not focus too much on a job like this as people are not really buying much online, I am an amazon assoc.! I will check out your sit if you message me! let me see what i can help you with? ideas we can brainstorm!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 3:06 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Online advertising just doesn't do a heck of a lot. Still do some of it to keep your name out there. When I do my online advertising it's mostly done on Craigslist, or I update my myspace page, or post on the local momslikeme.com site. But I get customers and recruits mostly local between postcards, wondow decals, logo shirts, events and a free classified ads in smaller free newspapers!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:20 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I am glad you asked.  I have some awesome ideas here:

How to Find FREE Advertising for your Website

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:25 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• THANKS m-avi!
    SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 9:51 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I was going to say Facebook. I sell Thirty-One Gifts and my up-line director advertises there. I'm not sure but I think she pays per "click" - again, I'm not sure you could check it out.

For me personally, I like to have something in front of me to read and then go to the website. You could go to vistaprint.com and get some free postcards or business cards w/ your info. Leave those everywhere. Good luck to you.
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 10:37 PM on Apr. 29, 2009