how do i keep cookies fresh?

i'm baking cookies for a birthday party. the party isn't until saturday. whats the best way to keep them fresh until saturday?

summerdaile

Asked by summerdaile at 2:52 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I find a ziploc bag works best. Wait for them to cool down first, then put them in the bag. I also would wait until probably Friday to do it, less time for them to get stale between now and then.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 2:59 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• And put the zipper bag in the freezer.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:02 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• We have a foodsaver that would work good. But if you don't have one you can just use a ziplocs with a seal and use a straw to suck all the air out!
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 3:10 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Put a slice of bread in with them. This will keep them soft, because they will steal all the moisture from the slice of bread . . works for brown sugar too.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:31 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• The piece of bread really works.
    I send my soldier cookies and when he gets them (about 2 weeks later) they are still soft, and moist. he said they taste like i made them that day.
    Anonymous

• Put them in a ziplock baggies with the heal of a piece of bread. It really works.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:57 PM on Apr. 29, 2009