MY SON CRIES EVERY NIGHT

FOR THE PAST WEEK MY 12 MONTH OLD CHILD WAKES UP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT AND STARTS CRYING. HE DOESN'T WANT A BOTTLE HE JUST WANTS TO COME TO BED WITH ME. HE HAS SLEPT IN HIS CRIB SINCE HE WAS BORN. HE ONLY CALMS DOWN WHEN I PUT HIM IN BED WITH ME. I CAN'T SLEEP WITH HIM EVERY NIGHT I NEVER SLEPT WITH MY OTHER 2 CHILDREN.

ORTIZ856

Asked by ORTIZ856 at 2:54 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it could be night terrors. my kid still does this and he's 22 months.
    summerdaile

Answer by summerdaile at 2:59 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• My ds and dd went through this. dd was for night terrors and ds was for growing pains. You never know when they are that young, but there is a reason. I let them fall back asleep and then moved them back into their own bed.
    MommyId

Answer by MommyId at 3:00 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• all kids are diff. maybe he is more timid?
    Anonymous

• I've slept with all three of my children. The first went easily into her own crib when she was one, the second couldn't wait to get in her own bed at 10 months, and my last, who is 3, is still with us. That being said, if my baby were upset and scared, I wouldn't even hesitate to let them come to bed with us. Let them fall asleep and then put them back in their own bed.
    madabben

Answer by madabben at 3:03 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Could be night terrors. Just comfort your son and let him fall back asleep and gently place him back in his crib.
    KareemsMami

Answer by KareemsMami at 3:29 PM on Apr. 29, 2009