5 weeks pregnant and spotting?

This is my 3rd pregnancy and i have never experienced spotting before. Do you think something could be wrong? I am not cramping or anything it's just light brown spotting but it is still making me uneasy. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks in advance...
Oh and I did call my midwife and she said that if it get's heavy and I start cramping to come in, if not then i should be fine. I just want to know if other people have had this happen.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:57 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Spotting that is not heavy, is brownish, and comes with no cramping or pain, is totally normal! If it gets heavy, turns red, and/or you experience pain in the your abdomen or lower back, then that is worrisome - but what you're describing is common. I had it in one of my pregnancies, and not the other three... you just never can tell!
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 3:11 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I had it, about 5-8 weeks i had random brownish light spotting, one time with some red in it. Not everyday, but it happend maybe 2 or 3 imes during that period. As long as its not heavy or painful and not bloody, u should be fine, keep an eye on it though
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:28 AM on Apr. 30, 2009