anyone taken a dollar store preg test and it come out neg a few days before you expect your cycle - but have been having all the signs point to you being pregnant?

Have been having swollen, tender and I mean they HURT to even hug someone, mood swings, frequent trips to the bathroom, bloating, nausea and really just feel pregnant. Believe me you would think I would know since this is the 6th time for me. Last ept I took was 4 years ago, after I was 15 days late at the ob/gyn office. This time I am expected to start on 5/1 and it said neg - but I feel awful!!! Please any insight would be helpful

allblue4me

Asked by allblue4me at 2:58 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• Nope, I've taken many dollar store tests and they were always right, even when I thought I had the symptoms of pregnancy, they were negative, and I wasn't pregnant.
    Anonymous

• give it a few days.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 3:03 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I never get them from the dollar store. I always buy First Response because they gave me accurate results more then 1 week before my missed period with both my pregnancies.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 3:03 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• NOPE. The dollar general pregnancy tests was the ONLY ones to actually say positive when I was prego. The other ones from wally world and kmart said negative.
    SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 3:04 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• yes, but I have also taken other tests and they have come out negative too. I would wait till the day you miss your period or the day after. They really work I have used them for my last 2 pregnancy's
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 3:14 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I have never had an at-home test come out correct regardless of they type used lol. They all said negative when i was a few months preg with my daughter.
    mamasbaby837

Answer by mamasbaby837 at 3:41 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Yes, I took one the first day of my missed period and it was negative...then when I took a wal-mart brand a couple days later when I still hadn't started, it was positive and I was pregnant. I would give it a few more days and test again.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 3:41 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• The dollar store tests are the same thing as the other tests. They are all testing for HCG. I took 3 and they all came back positive . . . I now have a beautiful daughter!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:57 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Yeah I would just wait a few days . .. periods aren't always exact.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:58 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• wow thats funny my sister is feeling the same way right now but she hasnt had her period this month and its been 3 weeks since she was supose to start..... She has taken 11 dollar store test from the dollar ones to the 4 dollars ones all I can say is hang in there give a little bit and hopefully you will know something soon or mabye try taking a different brand but anyways i hope you the best of luck
    kandist

Answer by kandist at 5:01 PM on Apr. 29, 2009