TO MUCH?

OK SO I'VE BEEN ASKIN SOME PEOPLE HOW MUCH BABY FOOD MY 6MONTH OLD SHOULD HAVE AND NOW IM WONDERING IF WHAT THEIR SAYING IS JUST TO MUCH! ONE OF MY FRIENDS SAID SHE FEEDS HER SON 2 CONTAINERS OF BABY FOOD AND VEGGI AND A FRUIT AND THEN HER NORMAL BOTTLE! THAT JUST SEEMS LIKE TO MUCH! IS IT? I JUST FED MY DD LUNCH AND GAVE HER CARROTS AND PEARS, I DONT THINK I SHOULD GIVE HER A BOTTLE NOW.. DO YOU?? JUST WONDERING!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:03 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• THATS THE AMOUNT SHE FEEDS HIM IN ONE FEEDING! NOT ALL THROUGH OUT THE DAY! ISNT THAT JUST WAY TO FREAKIN MUCH? MAYBE NOT? IDK? HE'S THE SAME AGE AS MY DD!
    Anonymous

• Since your DD is only six months, her main source of nutrition should be formula. She should only get food for the experience of eating. So, cut back to one jar and a bottle ot one feeding. Maybe one jar or some cereal for breakfast with a bottle. One jar and bottle for supper or lunch.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:08 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I read that you should continue with the same bottle amounts and frequency as before you started solid food, then baby food is just extra padding on their diet.
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 3:08 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• my baby is also six months. i think the formula is more important than food at this point.i feed my baby a bottle and then she usually eats have a jar of a fruit and half a jar of a veggie.but i don't force her i let her eat til she is full.some baby eat more .than others.
    kb24

Answer by kb24 at 3:08 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• well every child is different,and if you are just starting to feed him regular food, then yes its to much, cause you should try 1 food every 4 to 5 day to see any reaction, and as he gets bigger then the appetite gets bigger, but remember every kid is different, dont compare them
    epy108

Answer by epy108 at 3:10 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Every baby is different. Some babies eat a lot, some eat very little. My 4 month old drinks an 8 oz bottle in the morning, and then throughout the day drinks 4-6oz, and 2-4oz before bed, Plus 2 tbsp of cereal once a day. She'll eat every 2 hrs, sometimes more, sometimes less. The WIC office told me she is eating way too much, but she is perfectly normal weight and height. She's not chubby or anything, she just has high metabolism like here daddy. Don't compare to other kids, because they're not all the same.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 3:11 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• SHE'S BEEN EATIN A LIL BABY FOOD SINCE SHE TURNED 5 MONTHS. SO SHE ATE BOTH CONTAINERS W/O FUSS.. SO MAYBE CEREAL AT BREAKFAST AFTER SHE HAS HER NORMAL BOTTLE THEN A CONTAINER AND BOTTLE AT LUNCH AND A CONTAINER AT DINNER W/ BOTTLE? I KNOW SHE'LL HAVE BOTTLES IN BETWEEN BREAKFAST LUNCH AND DINNER BUT DOES THAT SOUND GOOD OR IS THAT STILL TO MUCH BABY FOOD? SHE HAS HER 6MONTH APPT MONDAY SO I'LL ASK HER PED. BUT RIGHT NOW JUST WONDERIN WHAT YOU LADIES THINK... THANKS!
    Anonymous

• Not all babies are the same. Feed your baby what you think she wants, what she acts like she wants... if she's not throwing up constantly afterwards, it's probably not too much, as long as she's getting the proper amount of formula. I always breastfeed about an hour before feeding solids to be sure my baby's getting the proper amount of breastmilk (rather than feeding a bottle after)... my doctor recommended this, too. 2 huge containers does sound like a lot for a 6 mo to me, but babies really are all very different. GL
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 3:22 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I'd try the bottle then a bit of cereal for the morning time, then one container of baby food with a bottle first for the rest of the day. I think 2 containers is a little too much. Although your baby may continue eating when you feed her, she may be full. Most babies will eat and eat and eat as long as you're giving them food. You definitely don't want her spitting up all day and night.
    KareemsMami

Answer by KareemsMami at 3:28 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• ill agree with the last two answers, feed her what she wants. try breaking it up a bit too. start with one jar, feed her a bit then let her drink 2-4 ounces. also you can skip food for right now. just bottle feed. then if the bottle isnt enough or shes drinking more than 10 ounces every 2-4 hours add rice/cereal on a spoon. try different things and see which works best for her. its about her tummy, and how much and how well she can handle it.

Always
    ~Syl~
    Fae-Lee
    F43L34

Answer by F43L34 at 3:29 PM on Apr. 29, 2009