Any other season besides diabetes and insufficient food intake to have keytones in urine?

I had blood drawn today for several things and my Dr. will not get the results back for another week maybe. Just wondering if anyone has experience with this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Health

• According to WebMD, there are several things that can affect the ketone levels in your urine. Taking some medications like "Levodopa, such as Sinemet or Larodopa,Phenazopyridine, such as Pyridium, Geridium, Pyridiate, or Urogesic, Valproic acid, such as Depakote, Depacon, or Depakene, Vitamin C (ascorbic acid), when taken in large amounts." It also says that pregnancy, a high-fat diet and dehydration can result in high ketone levels. Hope that helps.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 4:14 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I had keytons with both kids all 40 weeks. I was never diabetic (thank God) and I ate well. I'm blessed to be a person that when she's preg I crave only healthy fresh foods.

They never figured out why I was getting the keytons a thought was dehydration as I didn't drink enough water.
    Happ-eToBme

Answer by Happ-eToBme at 3:24 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Like to add that I'm not pregnant if that makes a difference.

Anonymous