must you walk into a church to praise God?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Where you worship is not the key,. The fact hat you do worship is the key. God knows the heart of every man and woman that dwells on this earth. However not gathering with believers other than your own family was not encouraged. It says to not forsake the assembling together with other believers in this way you will be able to grow together in your relationship with Christ Jesus. We will not be going to Heaven and have our own little corner but we will be worshiping together as a whole body. Churches are parts of the body but if one is missing the whole body of Christ fails to function as it should. This is why the body of Christ is so disjointed and a mess. We need to have the fellowship, it is unhealthy not to. I get antsy when I am not with my church family and the one I go to I attend at least once a month. If I don't go at all .... I miss the connection the love the fellowship the being around likeminded cont.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:13 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Psalm 100 ........enter into his gates with THANKSGIVING and into his courts with PRAISE

Anonymous

• I hit submit before I typed anything.

At the end of the block a family leaves their house every morning dressed in slacks, skirts, shirts, ties or blouses. Nice shoes, although not too fancy or expensive. They leave for 4 hours to attend services and worship with other Christians who share their beliefs.

Next door, a family wear more casual clothes and never leaves the house, but they worship at home. They mingle with others who share their beliefs during the week

Both families are kind and help out those in need as much as possible. Both families remember God during the week and live the life of good people.

Is one family better than other? Or can both be good religious people without ever stepping into a church? By worshiping at home does it make you less of a Christian?
    Anonymous

• No, God is everywhere and we can praise Him anywhere.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 3:24 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I praise God on a daily basis in everything I do (or I try to). I have learned that traditional churches have hindered my relationship with Him, and so stopped going.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 3:28 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• No I fully believe that you can have a relationship with God without having to go to church. However, if you find a church that suits you it is great to have others who believe the same as you do to fellowship with. And its nice to have somewhere to go if you have questions or concerncs about a Bible verse or anything like that....
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 3:34 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• The Bible explains that a church is a congregation of people. It mentions nothing about buildings. It doesn't insist that we go to a church building every Sunday in order to praise God. This can be done in the peace of one's home...or in a forest, for that matter!
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 3:39 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• No.
    When all is boiled down its about your PERSONAL relationship with your chosen diety. NOT what others tell you it should be, NOT what others do or dont believe,etc.

Praising comes from within and although it might be nice to share in that praise its not necessary.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:40 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• One of my school teachers told the class once that God is everywhere, he can hear you everywhere, even on the toliet.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 4:11 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• brothers and sisters in Christ. God did not create man to live alone, He made Eve so that he could have a companion. We were not meant to live isolated forever. There are seasons for that for pruning and shaping and molding but we are to be in fellowship period.
    Neither church you mentioned are wrong. :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:15 PM on Apr. 29, 2009