How can I get my 31/2 year old to quit picking her nose? Help me please!!!

sharon2

Asked by sharon2 at 3:18 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Don't know if you can make her stop, but if you do, let me know. Otherwise, just offer her tissues whenever she does it. My son has decided to turn around whenever he does it so I don't have to see. I still offer him a tissue, he still refuses it but told me that when he's older he'll use tissue.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 3:38 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Read her the Shel Silverstein poem about picking noses! She'll laugh and giggle, but it'll make her think twice. :)
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 3:56 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• If you figure it out let me know for my 5 year old....ugh.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:06 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Well, tell her it isn't something to do in public rather than something she can't do at all. And make her wash her hands! I wouldn't make too big a deal about it. She will stop when she realizes it is socially unacceptable. Well, she may not stop, but she won't let anyone see her do it! And that is really the goal anyway, isn't it? That and washing her hands!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 5:20 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Teach her to do this in a bathroom and wash her hands before and after.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:48 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• pick it for her
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• good luck with that... mine digs like there's gold in there....lol
    momof2maygirls

Answer by momof2maygirls at 8:02 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• My three yr. old went through this phase. My doctor suggested using saline drops..good luck with that! In my case their was to much screaming involved in trying to use them. My mil suggested making a game out of it. I was skeptical at first..but it worked. When u notice her doing it ( and before she wipes it on something) tell her u need her boogies to make boogie pie. I know it's disgusting but it worked. I caught my son's boogies in a kleenex and discreetly threw it away when he wasn't looking. Now he'll grab a kleenex and say mommie get my boogie...
    mkagdchcetdy

Answer by mkagdchcetdy at 7:35 PM on Apr. 30, 2009