Where could I go to meet a decent man?

I haven't been a relationship for a very long time ,because for one thing I'm very shy, for another I was in a very bad relationship for a very long time, and I'm afraid that I will get into a relationship just like the one I got out of.What can I do or where can I go to meet guys that wont be the kind that I got a way from.

mptnester

Asked by mptnester at 3:40 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• You could try joining a church. The guys there will be nice and you will have a relationship founded on similar values. But it has to be a church you actually want to join.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 3:42 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Have you thought about using an internet dating site? People joke about them all the time, but they really can be useful. My mom met her boyfriend through one and they've been together for about two years now. Think about it - you get to be matched with someone based on their personality, so half of the work's already done!
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 3:43 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• probably at a strip club or a bar..
    or try home depot
    Anonymous

• ummmmmmmm try match.com or eharmony or chemistry.com or something.... you can try OkCupid its a nice site but since its free there might be some crazies
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 3:45 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I met my hubby at work in the nursing home I worked at YEARS ago.We knew eachother 5 months got married in the courthouse and have been HAPPILY married for 24 years.Anythings possible,just dont know go to a bar.
    momindistress08

Answer by momindistress08 at 3:46 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• What ever you do don't look for a man online. If a man is so desperate he has to find a woman online something has to be wrong with him.

Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 3:48 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• My answer is church too!
    violetbrown

Answer by violetbrown at 4:02 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Is there something you would like to learn? I know many folks who had good luck meating someone at clases, like a pottery class, or an art or music, or photography class. This way you can meet somone w/ similar interests, & you'll have plenty of time to talk w/ having the same class to go to every week.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:11 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I meet great guys all the time through my high school alumni office. I do volunteer work for them and it's great. I also meet nice men at the library where I hang out.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:20 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I guess I got lucky, I met my husband online 2 years ago. It was totally a chance meeting, we were both in the same chat room, I had never really did much chatting, all he said was "why are you so quiet" then we started chatting. We happened to be from the same area, and we talked every night online for a couple weeks, then he gave me his number, it took me a week to finally get the nerve to call him. Well that was 2 yrs ago, we are married, happy and I have yet to find anything wrong with him.. He was like me, tired of the bar scene, not into church etc.. So don't give up hope, just be careful, no matter where you go. To me bars are full of desperate people so steer clear of them. Goodluck
    Anonymous