Please only respond if you or someone you know has had an elective c-section...no bashing please

If you or someone you know decided to have an elective c-section please let me know how it went...this is an option I am considering and am looking for people's experience with it. Don't feel like you need to justify WHY you made the choice - I believe it's a personal decison...I'm just curious how it went - thank you!! :)

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 3:47 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My second was elective, and by doctor's recomendation, since my first was emergency. I didn't like it, the anestegologist had to inject me 3 times in spine before got numb. If you are able to have it the normal way, go that route.
    Anonymous

• I didnt know you make the choice to have it done, I had to have one because my prego went wrong, I was 12 weeks.I was sore of course and in time you feel better but I was very sad too.If this is what you want then its your choice.
    momindistress08

Answer by momindistress08 at 3:52 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I begged my dr for a c-section since the very first appointment and she said I probably wouldn't end up having one. Went in for an ultra sound at 38 weeks and my dd was breech so she said we were doing a c-section...I was so excited. Looking back I wish I would have let nature take its course, I want to experience a vaginal birth and my recovery was TERRIBLE! I was in pain for 8 weeks.
    efmeador0709

Answer by efmeador0709 at 3:52 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Mine went fine. The dr said it would take her less than 60 seconds to get my son out but it took her 14 minutes. He was wedged in my hips and they had to use forceps to prior him out. Poor guy. I had tried to deliver him and the nurse would check me saying "He's face down" and I would tell her she was wrong. So when they opened me the nurse just looked at me when they had to forcibly remove him.

When I woke up in my room after the c-section I didn't want to rely on the wheelchair to get around. So I was up walking within hours. I held my stomach because I felt my intestines would hit the floor. I had no muscle control which was weird.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 3:53 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I had one with my first (twins) and it went really well. I am having a second one in 11 days and I was given the option to do vaginal. I really wish now I had chosen to wait out the vaginal but because of the size of my pelvis (always been a issue) and the size of the baby I choose to have a c section. I would try to have a vaginal but I am scared.
    thethings

Answer by thethings at 4:10 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I opted to have a c section with my 2nd, and I regret it to this day :(

My husband was deployed to Iraq and I thought it would be a good idea to have the baby before he got home so that I didnt have to "waste" any of his R&R leave by having to stay in the hospital....should have just let nature take its coarse and had my baby naturally, he was breech also but he could have turned, some babies dont turn until you are actually IN active labor.
    Now, I have a scar that will be with me forever, I wasnt able to immediately breastfeed or bond with my baby, It was an AWFUL recovery compared to my 1st which was vaginal or my 3rd I just had 6 months ago which was also vaginal, my c section was the worst of the 3 :(

I HIGHLY recommend not messing with nature, dont let some doctor induce you unless its medically necessary, dont take pitocin to "speed" things along, because all these things come with risks :(

Good luck!
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 5:34 PM on Apr. 29, 2009