what could it be?

i have been having braxton hicks for the last week. They are painful but they do go away. But recently I have taken a new syptom with it. My vagina is swollen and it feels like its tearing down there. It is very painful and it happens whether I am standing or not. It hurts worse if I sit though. I was just wondering what this could be. I am 1 cm dilated as well!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Wow, I haven't heard of the swollen vagina prior to delivery. How far along are you? What does your doctor say?
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 3:50 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• 22 weeks
    Anonymous

• I have heard of vaginal swelling but it seems kind of early for that - and to already be dilating?! What does your doctor say about it?
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 3:55 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• My doctor said the swelling was from the pressure on the little veins in that area. I had a swollen one for a few weeks.
    Anonymous

• He said that its normal to be dilated after more than one pregnancy, but it still makes me worried
    Anonymous

• that has happened to me.SOreness, almost as if I was being stabbed. not this pregnancy, but my others. Im sure it just were they were positioned, it happened sometimes when I was in motion adn not. but more concerning, did your doctor tell you, you were dilated? did he tell you to rest? whenever I get braxton hicks, its a sure sign I need to sit down and relax. its your body warning you to slow down. during one of my pregnancies it happened so much I did go into early labor, it stopped and then I had to stop working for the last 10 weeks. to rest and get my baby to full term. Im suprised your doctor hasnt told you to rest considering how far along you are, Im confused by the 1cm D already.
    Kerinmomof2

Answer by Kerinmomof2 at 4:17 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Yes my doctor did tell me that I was dilated. I dont know why he isnt as concerned as i, and he is a wonderful doctor i am sure its just me being paranoid, It isnt stabbing pains down there it feels like a tear, I tore while giving birth to my DD and it feels as though it is re opening. No I am not on bedrest but i am a SAHM and try to take it easy but nothing has helped.
    Anonymous