I've been ttc for a few months now and nothing. I'm not married and don't have a serious boyfriend, I just want a baby that will love me as much as I love him or her. How can I make sure I get pregnant? Is a sperm bank expensive?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• You're already giving your kid a job? To love you as much as you love them? Don't you think that's unfair?
    Anonymous

• A sperm bank isn't as much as the cost of raising a child.
    Anonymous

• Wow, I would hold off on having a baby. No offense but having a baby for the sake of fulfilling a maternal instinct and having a baby because you are lonely are not the same thing. It borders on being irresponsible and does the "donor" know you're planning this? The man who offers up a sample to you on the basis that you both are just having a good time, does he know you're trying to get pregnant? This will affect him too. Having a baby sounds wonderful and while it is, it is also expensive and things can go wrong. Like having a child that was born dying due to lung failure like my son was, unexpected hospital visits, doctor appointments, medicines, daycare, the list is endless. You'll need child support. Does the guy you're sleeping with know this?

I hope you're lucky enough to have a baby. Just do it for the right reasons. You have the best intentions I am sure but I think it will backfire.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 3:59 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I know this is terrible, but babies aren't toys! You might want to think about becoming happy with yourself before having a child. Not to say you have to be with someone or be married, but you definitely need to work on how you feel about yourself before making such a life altering commitment. It takes a very strong and emotional stable individual to raise a child by themselves, and judging from how you phrased the question, you sound like you are wanting a child simply to fill a void you are having emotionally.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 4:00 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• There is no guarentee a baby will love you as much as you love them. I am sorry, but that isn't really a great reason to have a kid, because you are lonely and want more love. Wait until you are in a good place in your life to have a baby.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 4:07 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I wonder if this question is a joke, but I guess Ive heard crazier things. if you have a void in your life, a child will NOT fill it. they might just make the feeling of emptiness more. You need to work on you. you need to be able to love yourself before you are ready to love someone else. You should call your health care provider and find a therapist you can talk to. It really does help to get a perspective of your life from someone else's veiw. it doesnt hurt and with any therapy, it can only help you and make you a better person not usually a worse person. I would also truly consider how a guy is going to feel that you are purposely TTC this is a lifelong commitment for them too, even if you dont see it that way. To go through any type of invitro, you'd need to go to therapy first unless you go to some quack of a doctor like octo mom. I wish you health and happiness..
    Kerinmomof2

Answer by Kerinmomof2 at 4:11 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Get a dog. Much cheaper!!
    Anonymous

• Why don't you wait until you find someone that you love and that loves you? I can't imagine not having my husband around when I had my DD. You will need some support and help! Being a parent is the toughest job in the world and you need to be prepared for that!
    Anonymous

• Aren't all the TTC people here trying to get pregnant to have a baby to love them too? I'm confused.
    Anonymous

• that's just selfish
    Anonymous