Does your child ever just play around at the breast instead of eating?

I was exclusively pumping and feeding for the first couple months, but for about the last month my daughter had been nursing. Well, when she is done, she will unlatch, smile, relatch, unlatch, smile, relatch. She is just messing around...she's not hungry anymore. When I do my bra back up she gets so mad like I interrupted her fun time. I just think it's weird to sit there with my boob out and let her do it.

Have your babies ever done this?

kabbot01

Asked by kabbot01 at 3:52 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes this is normal. It's an age where they realize that eating is about socializing too. This is great bonding time for you guys. It feels weird to you but it's not.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 3:55 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• She is filling her non-nutritive sucking need. Kinda like why kids like pacifiers.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:54 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Yeah, my 7 month old will put her mouth on there and blow raspberries and then laugh at her own joke. It is pretty funny. If you're ready to put it away, though, just go ahead... just find something else fun to do for a little while!
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 3:56 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• lol..quit interrupting her fun boob time!! lol..sorry this made me laugh. thanks for the laugh
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 4:28 PM on Apr. 29, 2009