Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what should i do

im just looking for advice or any help anyone can give me father who is residing in texas with a women and she doesnt want him there and he's older and doesnt have anyone to turn to no one that will help him out i tried to look for shelters but im not comming up with much i dont know what to do and i feel so bad even if i get him over here he has no place to go he owes child support and my mom wont drop the case and theyve taken his liscene and driving trucks is all he knows , no hs diploma and no real work expirience and how the economy is now he'd never find a job .....i just need some advice thank you so much to whoever respondes

Answer Question

Asked by kensue305 at 4:17 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • How old are you? If over 18 why n the hell is she carrying it on? If you no longer live with her she needs to get a life and move the hell on!!! He owes you the money to you not your mother but if you don't care, your mom needs help period the end, anyways why can't he live with you? Other wise I would PUSH my mother to stop n let it go. serouisly!!!! Let him get his license and get back to work.

    Answer by rebel07 at 4:25 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

  • i agree with the prev poster. tell your mom to knock it off and let the poor man work

    Answer by Kennadismom at 4:28 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

  • I think you're wrong rebel07... that woman took care of his child and she deserves to be paid that money.
    It's a law now that if you don't pay your child support, you lose your license, I'm sorry that your Father is in this situation, but he chose to not pay and now unfortunately for him, he's paying the concequences.
    Just so you know poster.. your mom can not drop it, it's court ordered. It's not up to her.
    It sounds like if you're feeling that bad for him, perhaps you will let him move in with you and you can support him till he gets on his feet again? Unless of course you're still living with your Mom and she's now supporting not only you but your child as well.
    He should set up a payment plan and once he's started paying again, he could get his license back. I'd work in fast food if I had to, to take care of my children, and he could too if he wants to.

    Answer by lisa_ann_p at 4:54 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

  • Lisa ann is right, move him in with you, make him flip burgers, mow lawns, what ever, and wen he starts making payments, they will let him st up a payment plan, and will not jail him as long as he makes good on his payment plan. I dont know where you live, but where I live there are a few homeless shelters for men, there is also the gospel mission, which I am sure every town has.

    Answer by KandyMay at 5:06 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.