Do you whiten your teeth?

Do you use any at home methods for whitening your teeth and do you believe that they work?

ReneeK3

Asked by ReneeK3 at 7:31 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• no i don't whiten them. I believe that some of the things on the market actually harm your teeth than do any good.
    sunshine31

Answer by sunshine31 at 9:31 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• no if i do i just garugle with peroxcide and spit it out
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 12:16 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• No I do not whiten my teeth
    momwillandturn

Answer by momwillandturn at 5:19 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Do you mean professionally? That means that they scrape the enamal off of your teeth and you have to go back every 6 months for the rest of your life to get your enamal painted back on. If you don't your teeth will become so sensitive you can't eat anything cold, or hot.
    Oliviasmommy131

Answer by Oliviasmommy131 at 5:49 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Yup, I whiten my teeth, professionally. I work in the dental field and completely recommend it if you have staining. (I'm a big coffee and tea drinker) The above answer about having to go back every 6mos to get your enamel painted back on is not true. I have gone 2yrs in between whitening. Your teeth are only sensitive if the stuff you use is too strong.
    Mommato2Boys

Answer by Mommato2Boys at 8:28 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• No, I haven't but DH has several times with the Crest product that is available only through your dentists office. He has great success with it and it did not harm his teeth. I've considered trying it also.
    ZacsMom

Answer by ZacsMom at 8:31 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I use the Listerine pre-brush whitening rinse as well as whitening toothpaste. As for the rest, I no longer use. I felt they were weaking my teeth though my dentist told me it was not true... I am a big red wine drinker and I find that using the pre-brush is all I need!
    TaLouLaBelle

Answer by TaLouLaBelle at 2:38 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• My dentist told me that 2 boxes of crest whittening strips works just as good as if would be if I got them done professionally for just a fraction of the price
    victorsmommy05

Answer by victorsmommy05 at 10:58 AM on Jun. 26, 2008